Tuesday, December 2, 2008

In closing...

I was happy to find that I already knew about a lot of the stuff that we covered on Learn & Play. And I thought I was so behind! But I really enjoyed learning about the stuff I didn't know about. The only problem was finding the time to do it. We are all stretched pretty thin these days, and some of the stuff wasn't always easy, especially when it messed up, like the wiki sandbox.

I'm especially excited about Google docs, Google reader, wikis and blogs. I've discovered lots of cool blogs, though they tend to be more about personal interests than professional. I'm even thinking about starting up our own family blog.

I think the most important thing to come out of this is that we'll have a common language now. We can talk about wikis and blogs and podcasts to our colleagues and customers and we'll know what we're talking about. I think that's the biggest loss for the people who didn't do it--this whole CML conversation that they've missed out on. It's also been fun (even though I'm late to the game) to go through this all together, as a system. I think it's been extremely useful. Hooray us!

No comments: