Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Podcasts

Once again, I'm amazed that people have the time in their lives to even search for podcasts, let alone listen to them all...

My husband is a techie and a Mac user, and we have an ipod, so I am intimately familiar with Itunes. It is awesome. The great thing about itunes (and most mac products) is how intuitive it is--heck, I just stick a cd into my husband's laptop and it automatically downloads it, without me having to do anything at all. How cool is that?

I poked around on the podcast search tools, but I didn't really find them very helpful or easy to use. I am much more likely to go to a site I know and trust--particularly NPR--and download podcasts from there. Other news organizations as well.

Posting podcasts of booktalks and other presentations is an excellent use of this technology for CML.

No comments: