Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Twitter

My twitter username: jamilibrarian.

I can certainly see how twitter would be very appealing for many people. But as for me--well, I did 2 Baby Laptimes this morning, and after each one I of course hang out and play with the babies and chat with the moms; I ate lunch at my computer while answering emails and reading the news; and did several management/figuring things out type of things. What I want right now (besides chocolate) is SILENCE. Did I mention that I'm an introvert?

And that makes me wonder if Twitter really appeals to a certain personality more than others--namely, extroverts. I am talking to people and "directing" things all day, at work and at home, and on my down time I just want blessed, golden, silence. Or at least something passive like a good mystery on dvd while I knit.

I can certainly see the usefulness of Twitter to libraries. But I do wonder about all of these technologies just piling on top of each other. How many sites can a person log into in a day? How many passwords can a human brain retain?

Also, I didn't find it as intuitive as many other technologies. Starting & posting to a blog is super easy. I had a little more trouble finding how to do stuff on twitter.

No comments: